- This event has passed.
Registered Early Childhood Educator
December 19, 2017 - January 19, 2018
Schedule: Monday to Friday – 35 hours/week
Long Lake #58 First Nation (LLFN), a growing and progressive First Nation 30 kilometers east of Geraldton, Ontario, requires a Registered Early Childhood Educator for their Aboriginal Early Learning Centre in the community. The Registered Early Childhood Educator (RECE), will provide a quality educational program, based on emergent play based curriculum principals, for young children in a group setting. The Registered Early Childhood Educator is responsible for providing a safe and developmentally appropriate daycare program for children in accordance with all relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
Reports To: Director, Aboriginal Early Learning Centre
- Provide group care and implementation of the center’s educational programs.
- Interact and participate with the staff team and other partnership teams, including other RECEs, Resource Teachers, Assistant staff, and other staff at the community’s Elementary School in a constructive, collaborative and cooperative manner.
- Contribute to the on-going operation of the center through actively participating in regular needs assessments and planning exercises, implementing and evaluating the culturally competent, inclusive and developmentally appropriate programs to ensure departmental outcomes and deliverables are achieved and in order to adhere to the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and other relevant legislation.
- Monitor and ensure the provision of a healthy and safe environment for children; maintain a safe, clean and organized workspace environment and submit incident reports and serious occurrence forms according to agency protocol and legislative/funder requirements.
- Guide children’s behavior through promoting autonomy and positive self-concept; maintain a positive early learning environment that is physically and emotionally safe and respectful of children, parents and co-workers.
- Individualize the curriculum; identify and meet designated needs of all children as an individual and as a group.
- Encourage and support active family involvement; provide relevant information, referrals, facilitation of workshops and development of resources for children/participants and their families/caregivers.
- Gather and maintain accurate, data/enrolment and statistics for ELC as required by the agency and relevant funders.
- Actively participate in team and agency-wide committee meetings, as required.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Aboriginal Early Learning Centre Coordinator.
Qualifications / Skills / Requirements
- Early Childhood Education Diploma is required (applicants currently enrolled may also apply).
- Must be registered with College of Early Childhood Education in a good standing.
- Complete knowledge of Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and other relevant legislation.
- Previous experience working with children in a licensed facility is definitely an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with minimum or no supervision.
- Must have strong leadership skills, a good team player and be able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (oral and written) and time management skills.
- Current First Aid and CPR Certification, including Infant and child CPR is required.
- Up to date Immunization and TB Skin Test required.
- WHMIS and Fire/Fire Extinguisher Training preferred.
- An updated Police Vulnerable Sector Check (PVSC).
Please contact Band Office before the deadline, to pick up the letter required to apply for your Vulnerable Check.
Interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume, two references and updated PVSC (if in process, proof of receipt); email, fax, mail or hand deliver, to:
Director Human Resources
Long Lake #58 First Nations (Band Office)
P.O. Box 609, Longlac, ON P0T 2A0
Fax: (807) 876-2757
Deadline: Friday – January 19, 2018 (4:00 p.m.)
We thank all the interested applicants; however only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Accommodations will be provided to applicants, on request during all steps of the hiring process.