Maajii Boodawe is a service provider to Indigenous peoples in the same was Service Ontario and Service Canada is to non-indigenous peoples.
While we are able to help individuals with income security in times of need, Maajii Boodawe has so much to offer, to assist in their journey to self sufficiency.
LL58 Social Services Staff will be away week of 15-19 January attending an Intensive Training Session.
We offer our clients a wealth of information to assist in any direction one may be contemplating, be it employment or education. We work in a fast paced environment, always at the forefront of modern delivery to our clients. We encourage you to see what we can do for you.
Community Liaison and Development
Employment and Training
Did you know?
We also have knowledge in legislation related to other Government programs/benefits that clients may be entitled to such as CPP, Old Age Security, WSIB and Employment Insurance.
- You have a right to an interview. At any time that you are with your caseworker and/or Social Services Administrator, you can bring someone with you.
- You have a right to a decision in writing. The Long Lake 58 Social Services office will write to tell you, if you are eligible for Ontario Works Financial Assistance. Our office will also write to tell you of any financial decisions that we make and the reasons for making them.
- You have a right to have these decisions reviewed. If you disagree with a decision that the Long Lake 58 Social Services office makes, you may give us a written request within thirty days to have that decision reviewed. Our office will conduct an interview and we must have it completed within ten (10) business days. You will be told of the decision in writing. Keep in mind that you cannot appeal to Social Benefits Tribunal unless you first asked for an internal review.
- Remember a decision will not be made until the application process is complete.
Benefits You Qualify For:
- Basic Needs
- Shelter/Boarding or Lodging
- Health Benefits: prescription drug coverage (drug card), dental and vision care for children, diabetic and surgical supplies and dressing, routine eye examinations, extended health benefits
- Guide Dog Benefit
- Full-Time Employment Benefit
- Other Employment and Employment Assistance Activities Benefit
- Advanced (up front ) child care
- Discretionary Benefits
- Transitional Support Fund
We work collaboratively with our clients, listening to their needs, to ensure that the garden design brief is clear and is interpreted correctly in the finished plan.
"Your new website is impressive !! Keep up the good work Long Lake # 58." — JEREMIE B.
"Excellent Job LL58FN!" — ROBERTO L.